– Just stopped by Sweet Ritual to pick up a salted caramel brownie shake (ridiculously good btw), and found these nifty Austin Vegan Guide postcards. Featuring a full list of the Austin vegan businesses, and a few awesome blogs in town (including yours truly), these postcards are out just in time for SXSW. Whether you’re a local, or just in town for the week, pick one up, as you might learn something new.
– Speaking of learning something new… the secret’s out about Capital City Bakery‘s new brick and mortar address. It’s listed on the postcard as “coming soon, 2013” at 2211 E. Cesar Chavez. Located smack dab in between Mr. Natural and Counter Culture, and a few blocks away from Sugar Circus, East-siders are going to have no lack of vegan treats.
– If you’re not already following VegNews on Instagram, you should be. We are freaking out about the pictures they are posting from Expo West. The new products include pot pies and pockets from Tofurky, breakfast sandwiches and jerky from Gardein, maple bacon potato chips from Kettle Chips and bleu cheese dressing from Follow Your Heart. It could be months before any of these hit the shelves, but you can be sure, we’ll be the first in line to snap them up.
– Texas VegFest is less than one month away! Have you seen their list of vendors? and speakers? There will be burgers, Ethiopian, falafel, donuts, baked goods, ice cream and funnel cake to eat. Not to mention chefs, cookbook authors, and professional athletes to hear speak. The best part is that it’s all right here in Austin!
– The menu for the St. Patrick’s Day ATX Vegan Drinks at Counter Culture is looking amazing: Dublin coddle (sausage dish), corned beef & cabbage, apple mash, bread pudding with Irish whiskey sauce, Irish coffee, green juice and of course, lots of beer! Add Red Hot Vegans’ very own vegan bagpiper to the mix, and you’ve got yourself one hell of a party!