New Grocery Products:
– Find delicious Tofutti sundae cones (akin to a Drumstick), Wheatsville brand vegan lip balm and Punk Rawk Labs nut cheese at Wheatsville Co-op.
– Hard to keep in stock, Earth Balance White Cheddar Popcorn and Puffs, P.B. Popps, and Buttery Popcorn can be tracked down at Rabbit Food Grocery.
– Victoria Vegan Sauces including a vegan vodka and vegan alfredo sauce are now available at Wheatsville and Rabbit Food Grocery.
– Grab some hazelnut chocolate covered strawberries at in.gredients this month. Made using their in-house vegan nutella, they are sure to be a hit for Valentine’s Day.
– Veganic soil from The Ground Up (based out of Dallas) can be found at The Great Outdoors, TreeHouse, It’s About Thyme and Breed & Co.
– Sagra fans will be glad to hear that they have reopened on the east side at 11th and Waller. We hope the vegan menu is as good as or better than their old location!
– Moses Falafel will be introducing their falafel sandwiches to the throngs of students at UT via a food push cart. Located at Dean Keaton and Speedway, the cart will be open Mon-Fri from 11am to 3pm. Yay for another great vegan option on campus!
– Many Austinites have been disappointed to find the doors at Thai favorite Titaya’s shuttered. They are temporarily closed for renovations (hopefully to expand their seating!). Their Yelp page says they plan to re-open on March 1, 2013, but where that date came from, I have no idea. Fingers crossed that they re-open soon!
New Menu Items:
– The genius behind the amazing vegan baked goods at Thai Fresh has upped the game with croissants and pain au chocolat! Only available in limited quantities every other Saturday morning, they are definitely worth waking up early for.
– Little Big Mike’s Pizza is offering a sweet potato pizza special that can be made vegan (sans cheese, sub vegan aioli). They also offer a buy one, get one free deal on Mondays when you mention the Facebook or Twitter code-word.
– First there was a crazy Canadian dessert, the nanaimo bar; now there are vegan cheesecake bars at Sugar Circus! Head on over to this east side bakery’s storefront, or grab their goods at Bouldin Creek, Buzz-Kill and the Wet Whistle.
– Sweet Ritual officially has hard packed ice cream! We’re looking forward to seeing what new and unusual flavors those awesome ladies come up with. Check out this week’s new flavors: Bananas Foster and Peanut Butter Chocolate Girl Scout Cookies!
– If you find yourself at the Barton Creek Farmer’s Market, keep an eye out for vegan cupcakes from Hill Country Cupcakes. They sell out early, so if you want to guarantee you’ll get one, order ahead of time.
– Austin Daily Press, a cute little sandwich shop on the east side has added a new vegan sandwich to their menu called The Edward, with edamame fritter, ginger peanut sauce, avocado, cilantro, mint, and onion.
In Other News:
– Been wanting to check out Sunny Day Farms? Well, now you have your chance! They will be opening their doors to the public on Saturday, March 2rd. It will be a family-friendly event, and Vegeria will be serving lunch. Come on out and meet all the adorable farm animals, and consider donating some money or supplies to help them keep their doors open!