– The wait is over – in.gredients is now open, everyday from 8 am to 10 pm! Grab your reusable containers and head on down to 2610 Manor Road. First stop, weigh and label your containers. Second stop, shop & fill your containers. Third stop, select a charity you wish to benefit & weigh again (less container weight). You’re on your way knowing you’re eliminating package related waste, while supporting local businesses and farmers!
– Haven’t tried Biscuits and Groovy yet? Now is the perfect time to check it out. According to their Facebook page, they’ve extended their hours to 7 am – 5 pm on weekdays (though actual hours may vary – see comments below). Biscuits and gravy not your thing? Try the “build-your-own” burrito from their lengthy list of awesome vegan ingredients such as tofu scramble, vegan sausage, and daiya cheese – at $4, it’s a steal.
– Kristen, owner/baker of Capital City Bakery, is celebrating her 26th birthday with a celebration benefiting homeless pets in Austin! Stop by the shop at 1901 Rio Grande on August 16th (5 pm – 8 pm), where she’ll be donating 10% of her sales (and tips) to support Austin Pets Alive. Help Kristen meet her goal of $500 – and don’t forget to wish her a Happy Birthday!
– The annual Rally Against Ringling Brothers will be on Wednesday, August 22nd from 6 – 7:30 pm. Join Action for Animals for a legal, peaceful rally at the Erwin Center to protest Ringling Brothers Circus continued abuse of their animals.
– There’s an exciting new all-vegan menu up at Mister FruitCup featuring soy yogurt and vegan whipped cream! We hope you had a chance to use the Red Hot Vegans 20% discount last month – the discount continues this month – just mention Vegans Rock Austin.
– Save the day and shop away on Saturday, August 11th. On this one day, a bunch of vegan businesses are pulling together to donate 10% of sales to a 100 mile bike ride that hopes to raise $20,000 for 3 animal sanctuaries. All you have to do is shop with one of the businesses (either in person, or online) on August 11th, and part of your purchase will go to the fundraiser. Participating retailers are too numerous to mention, but are listed on the Sanctuary Century 10% Fundraiser Day Facebook page. This ride benefits: Out To Pasture Sanctuary, Hope Animal Sanctuary, and Chimp Sanctuary Northwest!
– There’s a new vegan burger option in town! Thanks to Lone Star Plate, we’ve learned that Flattop Burger (at Manor and Chicon) has vegan buns and Goodseed Organic hemp burger patties. Goodseed burgers are popping up all over town, which is a great thing, because these patties are super delicious and full of great ingredients!