– Raw, gluten-free, fruitarian? Austin’s got your back. Blenders and Bowls, a new açaí smoothie and bowl cafe has opened up shop downtown. They offer both gluten-free and vegan options. Wild Wood Bake House, an entirely gluten-free bakery and cafe has reopened across the street from Wheatsville. They offer a selection of vegan baked goods, sandwiches and hot entrees. For our fruit loving friends, Daily Juice‘s downtown location is now open, as well as the new JuiceLand on North Burnet. Go forth and get your juice on!
– Brand new bakery Sunshine Sisters Vegan Bakery will be offering their goodies at the Bouldin Brunch Sales Event this Saturday from 8am to 2pm. The wait to get a table for brunch at Bouldin Creek Cafe is notoriously long, but luckily you now have a new way to kill the time – shopping! Head on over tomorrow morning and grab a delicious vegan baked good and browse the stalls of local vendors while you wait for your table. Vegan baked goods, brunch and shopping – it’s a win win win situation.
– In case you missed the multiple Facebook posts… Mr. Natural has announced that they now have vegan tiramisu! It’s so exciting, it just had to be called out one more time.
– Those of you familiar with Green Island Catering‘s Party Barge will be excited to hear that they have introduced a whole line-up of cruises, including a sunset bat watching cruise and a Valentine’s Day cruise! The next cruise will be on Friday, October 12th, with a 4-course vegan dinner. Make sure you get your tickets early, so you don’t miss the boat (pun intended).
– Amazing coconut-based vegan caramels are now available at Wheatsville Coop! JJ’s Sweets Cocomels are in stock in original, sea salt, vanilla and java flavors. Priced at a reasonable $3.99 for the pocket packs, you might just have to try them all!
– Get your Sheese fix before it’s too late! The US distributor for Sheese has decided to stop importing it for now. Rabbit Food Grocery has stocked up, but after they’re sold out, that’s it. No more delicious dairy-free sharp cheddar or blue cheese – oh no!
– ATX Vegan Drinks will be hosting its first ever Ice Cream Party TONIGHT! It’s going to be a monster of a party, with $5 build-your-own sundaes from Sweet Ritual, $1 sample-sized donuts from Red Rabbit Bakery and free cookie dough samples from Celeste’s Best. It’s BYOB, so grab some beer, a bottle of wine, or stash some liquor in your bag to “enhance” your sundae (Thanks Cassandra for the idea!). Be there or be square!